2. To keep them relaxed and the vehicle clean, there are many varieties of seat covers for dog available.
3. If travelling for long-drawn-out hours, stop to feed them so that they do not feel sick in the car.
4. Bring water at all times, there also wide variety of pet travel products available online including water bottles, collapsible dog bowls, dog harness, or even dog car seats available for such purposes.
5. Check all the safety procedures of the airlines and in your destination. It is also a good idea to follow up to see if there have been any conflicting pet travel stories fit in with your airline of choice. It is better to understand the conditions that your dog will travel in than to have a bad experience with your pet ensuing in a statistic.
6. Make sure that no matter where or how you are travelling to do so with your dog’s medical records and proof of vaccines.
7. Also have their license and microchip data available and available always for safety drives.
8. No matter how much or how little your pet enjoys riding in the car with you, carsickness can strike even the well-traveled pet. Typically it's connected to the motion of the car but anxiety about being confined or strangeness with car rides can also add. If this is your pet's first trip, take a few short practice trips to see how things go before engage in a long transportation ride.
9. Leash. Depending on the distance you and your pet are traveling or if taking a cross country trip, you may have planned out a few stops along the way. You'll need a leash to keep your pet from running away - especially common in new environments - during those rest stops. That leash will also be needed during s¬tops you couldn't have planned, such as accidents or breakdowns, to help keep your pet close by and out of traffic.
10. Never leave your pet unattended in a parked car. On warm days, the temperature in your car can increase to 120 degrees in a matter of minutes, even with the windows opened slightly. Also, a pet left alone in a car is an incitement to pet robs.
Go ahead and plan for your vacation and of course with your pet. It is just a good idea to plan ahead and to prepare for your destination whether by car or air. Know all pet safety concerns for your type of pet travel and then set your locations on your destination for your new pet relocation venture.