1. How are they wanting to be paid? Western Union, Money gram?
Most reputable shipping companies will offer credit card processing, Paypal or cash upon delivery. This ensures you that if a problem arrise you can retrieve your money back. With western union,money grams,bank transfers, etc. you will be unable to track and retrieve your payment.
2. Do they claim that the pet will be flown and then delivered to your house?
This type service is extremely expensive.Well over a thousand dollars and their isnt that many available companies that offer this type service.
Ground shippers and the airlines is two separate entities. Ground shippers do not work with the airlines.
3. Have you actually been able to talk with the shipping company on the phone or is it all done by texting or emails?
If you cannot speak with someone directly by phone beware.
4. Does the seller or shipping company sound like foreigners?
Most of the shipping scammers are foreigners.
5. Does the seller claim its their shipping company that they use and the shipping company will get back to you with more information via email?
Most individuals that are re-homing a pet or selling a pet do not have their own shipping companies that they use.They will want you (the consumer) to set up arrangements on how to get the pet to you. Some breeders have a ground pet shipping company that they use to ship their puppies but in all cases they are being ground transported and not flown. Flying is a different method they use but you will have to pick the pet up from the airport as it will not be delivered to your house personally after the flight.
6. Is the shipper extremely persistent with numerous texts or emails rushing you to send the money?
Your reputable shippers will not consistently aggravate you to hurry you to send the money to them.
7. Is their a hard luck story associated with the selling or re-homing of the pet?
Most scammers try to tug at your heart strings with a sad story.